1.introduction and general terms.
In order to offer you all our service, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
The websites contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
2. what information does Yourport collect about me?
You can use Yourport without having to sign up and provide your details. However, if you want to make use all the sites features such as viewing your settings on other computers you will be required to sign up and become a member. When you sign up to Yourport, we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth.
When you enter this Site, information is gathered from your Internet browser. This information may include your IP address (which allows us to determine location of our users and the identity of your Internet service provider), your operating system and the type of browser software that you are using to access this Site. This information allows us to upgrade this Site as necessary to optimize its efficiency. All information obtained from your browser is anonymous, and no personal information is ever transmitted to us in this manner.
3. how will the Yourport use the information they collect about me?
Yourport will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
• for "service administration purposes", which means that the Yourport may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
• to contact you about any information you have contributed to the website, including any logo's, hyperlinks, feedback, or information you have provided on our.
• to personalize your user experience. (e.g. if we notice that you mainly use sport links, we may send you information to sites we believe you may be interested in)
• IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; and
• to analyze and improve the services offered on Yourport.com. e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
4. when will Yourport contact me?
Yourport may contact you:
• in relation to the functioning of the Site
• where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
• in relation to any contribution you have made to Yourport.com, e.g. on Yourport message boards or forums;
• to invite you to participate in surveys about Yourport services (participation is always voluntary); and
• for marketing purposes
5. what is a Cookie?
The law states that we can store cookies on your machine if they are essential to the operation of this site but that for all others we need your permission to do so.
This site uses different types of cookie.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google undertakes not to associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. You can access them through some types of browser. Search in your cookie folders for 'yourport' to find our cookie and the Google Analytics cookie if you wish to delete them.
More information about cookies, including how to block them or delete them, can be found at AboutCookies.org.
Some third party cookies are set by services that appear on our pages. They are set by the operators of that service and are not in our control. They are set by Twitter, Facebook, Uservoice and Lockerz.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. You can access them through some types of browser. Search within your computer for any cookie(s) containing the word 'yourport' and the Google Analytics cookie if you wish to delete them.
More information about cookies, including how to block them or delete them, can be found atAboutCookies.org.
7. personal information.
You can use Yourport without having to sign up and give your details but if you want to make full use of our service we recommend that you sign up. On sign up we that require you to submit personal information such as your name, address, e-mail address.
8. sharing of personal information.
We may share the personal information you disclose to us on this Site. Within our company, we limit access to such information to authorized individuals. However, we may also disclose such information to affiliated and unaffiliated third parties who work with us on marketing, product development, service enhancement and other similar matters.
9. unsolicited e-mail.
Should you voluntarily provide your personal information to us, you may receive periodic e-mail messages from us. Such messages may include announcements regarding this Site and the services, products and information on this Site.
10. security precautions.
Where appropriate, we may employ firewalls, encryption technology, user authentication systems and access control mechanisms to control access to our systems and data. However, you should exercise discretion with respect to the submission of any personal information to this Site. Transmitting information via the Internet is never completely secure and, therefore, any information submitted may be intercepted, collected, used or disclosed by others.
11. links to third party web sites.
12. what if I am a user aged 13 or under?
This Site is for use by persons age 13 or older. We will not solicit, collect or maintain personal information from children under the age of 13. We will terminate your use of this Site or the services, products and information on this Site if you are under the age of 13.
13. can I find out what personal information Yourport holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Yourport holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge a £20 administration fee for information requests and will require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved photographic identification.) We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.